Work from home, drive sales and sponsorships and be a part of a company that values creating an amazing work experience for a diverse, remote and highly professional team.
We are a 1.5 M monthly reader online news website ( ) and international technical conference series ( ) with several thousand attendees per year whose mission is to inspire progress in software development. Software is changing the world!
C4Media is a privately-held and financially stable company based in Toronto, Canada. We are about 11 years old and have seen consistent annual growth and expansion of our business.
We have a staff of over 40 dedicated, passionate professionals working from home across 10 countries (including the USA, Romania, Canada, Brazil, and the UK) in various functions such as Software Development, Sales, Editorial, Marketing and various business roles. Our culture and staff satisfaction have been rated among the highest our business coach has ever seen and our culture stems from our core values which are accountability, integrity, mastery, service, and transparency. Main Responsibilities:
Requirements Required Skills:
- Close business to meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals across two lines of revenue
- Outbound prospecting and outreach as needed to meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals across two lines of revenue
- Uncover opportunity at existing accounts and establish new accounts to develop sales pipeline
- Maintain pipeline in salesforce.com CRM system, tracking interactions with prospects and customers
- Maintain daily activities in the salesforce.com CRM system, tracking interactions with prospects and customers (email, calls, meetings)
- Create and conduct online presentations of the company and product lines
- Manage opportunities and forecast
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products including new offerings, delivery schedules, etc. and make recommendations accordingly
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Collaborate with marketing and ad operations to leverage sales opportunities and reporting requirements
- Reports to Business Advertising and Sponsor Unit Manager. Direct Reports: None.
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- 2-3 years Media Sales experience
- Negotiation skills and vendor management experience
- Experience with developer marketing, communities and technology or software sales a plus
To be considered you must:
- Have the ability to attend weekly stand up calls and status meetings via video conference
- Have a home office or similar arrangement from where you can work on a daily basis with a reliable internet connection (>6mbps)
- Be able to travel internationally 5-6 times a year
- Legally allowed to work in the USA
- Commitment to company culture and core values
- Open to candidates from: North America (MT, CT or ET Zones)
- An awesome team of highly motivated individuals with diverse skills and background
- Co-workers in Canada, Romania, USA, China, Japan, Brazil, UK, and Argentina.
- Competitive pay and perks.
- A 100% remote - work from home - team spread across 3 continents and a great company culture!